Thursday 28 February 2013

THIS 22 YEAR-OLD NIGERIAN WAS CAUGHT TRYING TO TRAFFIC 1.3KG OF HARD DRUGS TO THAILAND!


Jude Ejikonye Ilechukwu a 22-year-old Nigerian born in Anambra state, who resides in Thailand was recently apprehended at the international wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, with 1.295kg of dangerous hard drugs (methamphetamine).

NDLEA's MMIA Commander, Hamza Umar, said the drug was carefully hidden in the suspects’ luggage. In his words:
“Like several factory modes of drug concealment, we had to practically cut the bag open to detect the drugs...Ordinarily, when you open the bag, you will not see the drug...We found two brown parcels of drugs weighing 1.295kg.”

But 22 year-old Illechukwu had this to say, after he was caught: 
“I am a business man. I relocated to Thailand last year where I buy goods and send to Nigeria...It was in Thailand that I met a man who introduced me into drug business. He gave my number to his partner in Lagos who lodged me in a hotel...They made me to contribute N750,000 as my contribution and promised me a handsome reward on arrival in Thailand...My focus was on the profit that will accrue to me. It was when I was arrested that I realised I had made a big mistake.”

No comments:

Post a Comment