Sunday 20 May 2012

MICHAEL JACKSON'S EX-WIFE LISA MARIE PRESLEY DUMPS FATHER, ELVIS PRESLEY'S LEGACY!





Lisa has finally, dumped her father's Rock and Roll Legacy to embrace her own voice by following her Americana roots and carving a niche for herself in the musical spotlight with new album "Storm and Grace," out this week.
Presley, 44, the only child of The King and wife Priscilla, has come a long way since her first album, 2003's "To Whom It May Concern," and 2005 follow up, "Now What," admitting that she felt more vulnerable and rebellious with her earlier music.
"I made some pretty angry and defensive (songs) probably anticipating what was expected of me and fighting against it ... there was a lot of production and hiding behind things, not really wanting to lay myself out there because I was afraid or feeling too vulnerable," she told Reuters.
"Once I got that out of my system ... I just quieted and calmed down ... In this process of writing this record, I found a better bed for myself and my voice and my writing to lie in."
Her previous albums were marketed for Top 40 chart success, a genre in which Presley said she never belonged. In an off-the-cuff remark she called "Storm And Grace" her anti-pop record.
While Presley remains vague about the inspirations for the songs on her new record, the lyrics give her thoughts a voice.
In "So Long," Presley sings "farewell fair weathered friends" in a place where "Churches, they don't have a soul." In "Un-Break," the chanteuse's sultry voice harks to her turbulent personal life in lyrics such as "I've got run over by my own parade, I've suffocated in the beds I've made."
In "Sticks And Stones" the singer directly addresses her legacy and destiny, singing "too bad she ain't just like her Daddy ... she got no talent of her own, it's just her name."
It is difficult to ignore the looming presence of Presley's father in the room, fueled by her striking resemblance to the rock 'n' roll legend, although she never once directly referred to him by name in discussing his legacy.
"He really did make such an incredible change in the world and contributed so much that it makes me very happy and proud when he's acknowledged and recognized," said Presley.

culled from YahooNEWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment