Monday 21 May 2012

THE BIGGEST LESSON LIFE TAUGHT ME



I was 15years old and I'd just left secondary school, the family with little or nothing to live on...Mom who was the life source of the family'd been bed ridden and ordered never to go near her amala Joint Business again. That left us looking up to our dad, who'd had three wives already then. So being the first child I offered myself to run dad's failing Beer Parlour Business...with little or nothing I started to bring the business back to life only for...

This fateful day, I'd carried three cartons of drinks on my head, Gulder, Star/harp and stout, which was all our lives depended on...whistling an agbero tune i neared Elere police Station, Agege and...gbam! I tripped! Down came everything...Not even one bottle of drink was salvaged. As a 15year old, i had two options, burst into tears and expect people to sympathize with me and come beg my dad or i take the bull by the horns and face the challenge squarely.

Option one appeared feasible, but realizing that even if my dad forgave me our family'll still go hungry, I picked up the empty cartons walked back to the wholesaler and asked him to give me all drinks on credit...surprisingly the dealer who knew nothing about where I came from, gave me all the drinks and to my surprise i made sales that I'd never made in my life, such that I cannot recollect the number of trips I made to and from the wholesaler...profit was so huge that dad did not even notice the drinks that we lost. Till date I've never told my dad this story, but that experience taught me that when you fall in life, face it squarely and God'll never abandon you.

Adewale A.

No comments:

Post a Comment