Monday 16 July 2012

NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL, YAKUBU AIYEGBENI SCORES WINNING GOAL IN CHINA DEBUT



Yakubu's 86th minute header was all his chinese team needed to grab the maximum pint as they won 1 - 0. 
Guangzhou A&F Coach, Farias, hailed the Nigerian forward, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, after his goal-scoring debut sealed victory for his new Chinese club in a derby.
Farias said:
“I thought we could win the game, I know Yakubu will be good for us at the crucial moments, the team played well, but Yakubu was key to our victory as he scored the all-important goal,” said coach Farias.
“He did what is expected of him by lifting the team. It was a tough game and we should not forget we played against the champions.
“I said before that Yakubu coming from Europe to China will be a boost for us, although he is not 100 percent fit, but I put him into the fray because I know his wealth of experience will do it for us.
“And he is  very strong, he used that to trouble our opponents. I considered all these before I picked him and he gave us the edge upfront.”
After 17 matches, Yakubu’s club have climbed to fifth place on the table with 27 points, nine points behind champions and league leaders, Guangzhou Evergrande FC


Yakubu was joint highest scoring African with Emmanuel Adebayorr in the English Premier League .

No comments:

Post a Comment