Monday 23 July 2012

DROGBA DEBUTS AGAINST YAKUBU AIYEGBENI IN CHINA!


Drogba presented by his number 11 jersey by his Chinese team
Though the game ended 1-1 and Drogba made his debut for his Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua by coming in in the 2nd half...Yakubu Aiyegbeni whose side Guangzhou R&F played against him was full of praises for his African compatriot.

Yakubu, had this to say:
"He showed the quality today [Sunday] you know," he told reporters. 
"He gave more confidence to the team, you have to see the way he played today.
"When he is 100 percent, he can help Shanghai win the league." 

And Drogba was not left out as he said:
"I am happy that everything went right in my first 45 minutes here," Drogba said.
"It was a little bit hard for me to get into the game at the beginning, but when I got used to the rhythm, I began to enjoy the game.
"I am feeling good now and was accustomed to all things in China now. It is very comfortable playing alongside my former teammate Nicolas (Anelka)."

Yakubu's side are fourth on the table while Drogba's side''s won only 4 games from their last 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment