Monday 17 September 2012

NIGERIA's ODEMWINGIE MIGHT NOT START FOR WEST BROM SOON...AFTER UN-FORGIVABLE RED CARD



Afraid that his red card for a wild hack at Fulham full-back Sascha Riether on Saturday could cost him his place in the West Bromwich Albion team, Nigerian international Osaze Odemwingie, 31, has apologise.


Osaze is expected to pay a five-figure fine...but he is worried that his impending ban will also cost him his regular starting position.
In his words, Odemwingie said:

"We have a lot of good players on the bench, as well as players that didn't even make the squad on Saturday and are very good,I will work hard over the next couple of weeks to make sure I don't lose my position. But it is a worry that I might not get my starting shirt back."

The super eagles player who also had a couple of rifts with Nigeria's former coach Samson Siasia was sent off with his team down by 1-0 down and the vacuum his absence created made Fulham capitalize and whip the WestBrom side 3-0 at the end of the game.said: 



In his own somewhat remorseful words, Odemwingie added:

"I feel like I've let myself down. It really feels very bad. I also let my team-mates, the club and fans down. I'm sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment