Monday 20 January 2014

"I Won Everything. Ronaldo Didn't Win Anything, I Deserved The Ballon d'Or!" - Frank Ribery

France and Bayern Munich striker, Franck Ribery has condemned the choice of the winner of the Ballon d'Or. In his words, Real Madrid and Portuguese star, Cristiano Ronaldo didn't deserve to win the 2013 trophy.

Voicing his frustration, Ribery said:
"I won everything I could win with Bayern and individually. Ronaldo on the other hand did not win anything... 

I am not sad that I missed out, but it does hurt a bit. I deserved to win the Ballon d'Or... It was clear that Ronaldo would win it. The voting deadline was extended by two weeks. This had never happened before. It wasn't about football. It was a political decision... Ribery also criticised the FifPro World XI as just three Bayern players made the cut against four Barcelona players.. There are only three Bayern players in there. That's madness. [Thomas] Muller deserves to be there, and so do [David] Alaba, [Bastian] Schweinsteiger and [Arjen] Robben. We won five titles and made history... And then there's the absence of Borussia Dortmund players... Where are [Mario] Gotze and [Robert] Lewandowski? This is impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment