Tuesday 14 January 2014

"I Never Thought Nigeria Would Have a Leader Like Abacha, But God Saw Us Through..." - Obasanjo

Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo spoke in his Abeokuta residence when the leadership of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria(PFN), Dr Felix Omobude, paid him a courtesy visit. He said: “I personally never thought we would have a leader like (late Sanni) Abacha in this country, I was a victim(of his despotism) but God saw us through that situation. Obasanjo said early in his life as a military man, he had seen the country witnessed many turbulent eras and that just as everybody had thought the end was certain, God in his benevolence saw Nigeria through the ups and down. 

Obasanjo continued that Nigeria is a “God’s project” and has kept her as one indivisible entity despite the experience of war among other challenging problems plaguing her.In his words, ”If there is anything that I would ask of you, it is that you should never stop fasting and praying for Nigeria I always say that I’m an incurable optimist about this country.
“In my short span of life, I have seen a few unexpected things in this country when we thought that the end would just happen, but God made us to scale through... There is no situation we see or worry about that God will not see us through. That is my believe and that is what gives me confidence, it gives me courage, it gives me the ability to work for the country’s unity.
“No matter what is happening, as me and the country, all will be well. And those of you who believe all will be well for Nigeria should continue to shout Hallelujah. God has done it for us.”
In his remarks, Omobude who arrived Obasanjo’s home in company of PFN leadership in the state as well as pastors described Obasanjo as a “special treasure to Nigeria” who would continue to be pivotal in the affairs of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment