Wednesday 4 July 2012

OPRAH WINFREY's STEPMOM ACCUSE HER OF BEING BEHIND HER DIVORCE FROM OPRAH'S DAD


Oprah Winfrey and dad Vernon Winfrey

Babara Winfrey, Oprah Winfrey's stepmom claims Oprah has used her fortune to take control of the family's barber shop Vernon Winfrey( Oprah's dad) has run for more than 50 years.

So now that 78-year-old Vernon has filed for divorce based on the ownership of the barbershop threatens to tear apart the Winfrey family apart.

Oprah paid $475,000 for the store in Nashville, Tennessee, when it was up for auction last week. the store had earlier gone into foreclosure.

Barbara Winfrey said the purchase means that Oprah, has gained control of the business and cut her out.

‘I know what is going on. I'm tired of it, and I've had enough,’ Barbara Winfrey told WSMV TV in Nashville.
‘People are giving him wrong advice, and it's leaving me in a situation where all I can do is fight for me.’
‘There is no reason for it to go into foreclosure like this. The property is upside down, which is what a lot of properties are. It cost us $481,000 to build this building, but it's only worth $350,000.’

On Oprah controlling her husband, she said:
‘He believes what he's told. His daughter doesn't care about the community. His daughter doesn't care about the barbershop. But I do.’


Barbara and her 78-year-old husband opened the barber shop a year ago to replace a store at a nearby location.
But the couple apparently fell behind on their mortgage payments and the red brick building went into foreclosure.
Barbara said she wanted to borrow more money from a bank but that on advice from his famous daughter Vernon refused to take out a loan.

Oprah's dad, Vernon said: 
‘My wife and I, we have not been getting along well, and I did not want to endow myself to another drawn-out, struggling debt.’

At the opening of the new barber shop Vernon said the premises would be his legacy to the community.
‘When I'm gone, I'm glad I'll be able to say I left the neighborhood looking nice,’ Winfrey said.
He said his daughter had urged him to give up cutting hair, but he planned to continue.
‘Some folks say, “Winfrey, you're kind of old to be doing it.” I say, “You're right, but I feel good,”’ he said.
Vernon said his famous daughter wanted him to retire.

In response to the accusations Oprah's spokesperson said: 

‘Oprah purchased the property that was in foreclosure.

‘Vernon Winfrey has been a fixture in the community for decades and will continue to manage the business on a day-to-day basis.’
Barbara said that her husband has since filed for divorce and believes he does not understand the decisions he is making.




No comments:

Post a Comment