Thursday 5 July 2012

HAVE YOU SEEN BRUNEI'S 1ST FEMALE OLYMPIAN?


She's Brunei's 1st ever Olympian...though her time of 01:01:14 in the 400meters was not good enough to qualify her for the 2012 London Olympics, the International Olympic Committee enacted the clause "International Concept of Universality".

Maziah Mahusin, who will represent the Southeast Asian nation of Brunei Darussalam is the 1st Female athlete to represent the Islamic nation. Hear her:
“I know it’s not fast, but it’s the best for me to date,” she told TIME.
“I am working on improving my time to one that my coach and I can be proud of.”
On the impact her appearance will have on the orientation back at home, she said:
“Some parents discourage their children from giving full attention to sports as they are concerned that this may affect their studies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment