Sunday 26 May 2013

Chelsea Fc Star, Mikel Obi Confirms That He'll Be Available for Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier in Kenya And Confed' Cup in Brazil!


After asking for a rest from Nigeria's friendly with Mexico, club commitments and visa problems. There was doubt about Mikel Obi being available for Nigeria's World cup qualifier in kenya and Confederation cup in Brazil, but the player's hinted that he'll be available for qualifiers in Kenya and Namibia, as well as the Confederations Cup. In his words, he said:
"I've sorted a visa appointment date with the Brazil embassy in London, which really means a lot to me...I would have loved to play the friendly against Mexico but that will be impossible, considering the time frame...I will be available to play against Kenya and Namibia. And the Confederations Cup is the sole reason I'm applying for my Brazil visa now to enable me make the trip... I look forward to playing my part for my country."

The Super Eagles are level on points with Malawi at the top of World Cup qualifying Group F.
After three matches, both the Nigerians and the Flames have five points, with only the top team in each group going through to the next round to challenge for a place at the World Cup finals in Brazil next year.
With the team's topscorers Emenike, Victor Moses and Ike Uche out due to injury, coach stephen Keshi can not afford another major absentee.

No comments:

Post a Comment