Thursday 25 December 2014

My Father Handed Me over to Boko Haram.. I Only Said Yes to Avoid being Killed... - 13-Year-Old Suicide Bomber


A 13-year-old girl told a news conference Wednesday night that she was taken to Boko haram's camp in Bauchi and forced to become a suicide bomber. She said that she saw many people being buried alive at the Boko Haram camp where her father took her in Bauchi state, east of Kano. After her captors asked if she wanted to go to paradise and she said yes, they told her she would have to be a suicide bomber. In her words, she said: "When I was told I would have to die to enter paradise, that I would have to explode a bomb and die, I said I cannot do it." And after they threatened to kill her, she allowed them to strap her into a vest primed with explosives, because in her words "I was afraid to be buried alive."


Suicide vest she was strapped in
Police Superintendent Adenrele Shinaba said the girl was arrested in the hospital with a leg wound. A taxi driver took her to the hospital, and she said she left her suicide vest on the seat. The driver alerted police. Shinaba said she will remain in custody while investigations continue. Her father has not been found yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment