Friday 10 May 2013

Injured Nigerian Player Promise TeamMates 8 Million Naira if They Qualify Nigeria For World Cup!


Nigeria's Goal Machine and Spartak Moscow's striker, Emmanuel Emenike has promised a $50,000 reward (about N8 million) to the Super Eagles if they qualify Nigeria for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The team will play a friendly against Mexico on May 31st, 2013 as build-up.
Emenike, is out of the next two qualifiers due to injury to his knee, said:
“I promise the whole team $50,000 if they qualify for the World Cup in Brazil...Like I said before that we have team who can make this country proud, and I am doing this from the bottom of my heart just to motivate the team. I am not doing this to intimidate anybody but just to show my total support to the team because I grew up supporting the Super Eagles.”

The Goal Machine continued, “I am really behind the team. I don’t want them to miss me because there are other players who can get them the goals... Before I decided to play for Nigeria, even before I dreamt of becoming a professional footballer, which I am today by God’s grace, I have been a passionate fan of the Super Eagles... I could remember when I used to watch the team way back at the 1994 Nations Cup and World Cup, and I am speaking today as a Super Eagles player, it is a great honour, so the team means a lot to me and that is why I deem it fit to support the team in my little way... I never knew I will play for Nigeria. This is a reward for what I have done in Europe and it is time I supported my country even more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment