Sunday 30 June 2013

Players Used Voodoo(JUJU) in the Super Eagles (Team USA 94) - Team Member, Emeka Ezeugo

Emeka Ezeugo a member of the Super Eagles, Team USA 1994 disclosed to Daily Sunsports in Abuja that it was common to sight fetish objects inside the rooms of players. Now that we have lost three members of that team (Rashidi Yekini,(attacker) Thompson Oliha(Midfielder) and Uchenna Okafor (Defender))to death under mysterious circumstances, are these deaths related to voodoo or juju as we call it here?
Read FULL story HERE



Speaking on the efficacy of voodoo practice, while sharing his experience in the national team, Ezeugo, said: “There are people who believe in it. There is juju in football. When I came to the national team in 1987, there was juju everywhere. Those days, players made maximum use of it. If you go into their rooms, you will see them hanging the stuff,” he revealed.

The Nigerian former international was wittier when he disclosed how he psychologically warded off any spiritual attack from his teammates with his India background, quipping that all of them thought he had fortified himself with Indian charms.

“But I did not care about their fetish lifestyle or did I allow it to scare me. I believe in my God who is my only juju. I did not fear anybody and luckily, for me, I came from India. They all thought that I had fortified myself with the finest juju. It really helped me to walk into any of them and even dine with them without any fears. It was even more surprising to them that I started playing the first time I joined the national team.”

Taking the debate further, Eagles' former strongman, Taribo West, had confessed that he spent the greater part of his fortune servicing marabouts to make himself invincible to strikers both at the national team and clubsides.

He had told the media then: “I spent up to N5, 000,000 on juju and in Senegal, I spent money every month to make rituals. This is aside from what you give to the ritualists directly, and for their personal use. I went to Guinea and did some. I did some in Nigeria. The type of juju I was doing was, basically, to make me remain a solid rock in the defence.”


USA 94 TEAM LIST (Super Eagles)
Peter Rufai
Augustine Eguavoen
Ben Iroha
Stephen Keshi
Uche Okechukwu
Chidi Nwanu
Finidi George
Thompson Oliha
Rashidi Yekini
Augustine 'Jay-Jay' Okocha
Emmanuel Amunike
Samson Siasia
Emeka Ezeugo
Daniel Amokachi
Sunday Oliseh
Alloysius Agu
Victor Ikpeba
Efan Ekoku
Michael Emenalo
Uchenna Okafor
Mutiu Adepoju
Wilfred Agbonavbare
Coach: Clemens Westerhof

1 comment:

  1. Too bad... How many of them are still playing active football these days? The juju should have made them relevant in active football till date. Waste of money!

    ReplyDelete