Thursday 3 January 2013

NICKI MINAJ'S SCARED AMERICAN IDOL'LL MAKE HER TOO FAMOUS!



American Idol's twelfth season premieres on FOX Jan. 16...and the only thing on judge Nicki Minaj's mind is that the reality show'll make her too famous for her own good!
Before Nicki officially joined the talent competition, however, the 30-year-old rapper had a number of reservations. "I had a lot of talks with people -- my family, my best friends, my label, Lil Wayne, management and then the producers," Minaj tells The Hollywood Reporter in its Jan. 11 issue.
Noting that there is often "a judgmental culture in hip-hop," Minaj explains, "Sometimes you are afraid of being too famous because it's almost, like, is that even cool? Being that accessible, someone you see on TV every week? I never pictured myself as that type of person. I'm still surprised that I decided to do it."
On talking to Mike Darnell, the network's president of alternative entertainment. She said, "He was so lovable and made me feel so comfortable and confident," Minaj recalls. "He kept saying, 'I promise we're going to protect you; you're going to love it, we're a big family.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment