Monday 30 June 2014

"Why I Ran the 800 meters Championship Race with My Eight Months Pregnancy" - Five time Champion!

28-year-old, five-time US national champion, Alysia Montano took the world by storm when she ran an 800-meter race at the U.S. Track and Field Championships on Thursday while 8 months pregnant! She posted a time of 2 minutes and 32.12 seconds, nearly 35 seconds shy of her personal best of 1:57.34 from 2010. She said she ran the race to clear up any misconceptions people have about running while pregnant. In her words she said, “What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby…I did all the things I normally do…I just happened to be pregnant. This is my normal this year.” Alysia did run the race after her doctor gave her the all-go!


No comments:

Post a Comment